Are you having a hard time getting into the grind of a new week on this fine Monday? I am. I’m pretty sure chocolate fixes everything though, so today I am going to share this recipe for mini chocolate & banana muffins.
This recipe was suggested to me by a reader, and I was so thankful for the suggestion! I love baked goods like this that are so versatile. They can be enjoyed for breakfast, packed in a lunch, or enjoyed as an after school snack. My family ate about half of the recipe and then I froze the rest. I love having my freezer stocked with items like this.
As I mentioned before, a reader suggested this recipe to me. I would absolutely love to hear from more of you as to what some of your favorite diabetic friendly recipes are. Please feel free to email suggestions to email@example.com. I will give the recipe a try, and if it turns out to be a hit with my family, I’d be happy to feature it right here on Finger Prickin’ Good.
Have a great week, everyone!
Recipe source: dashingdish.com.
- 1 3/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup Truvia Baking Blend OR 1 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 24 cup mini muffin pan with mini muffin liners, or spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Place the peanut butter in a mug or microwave safe bowl, and microwave for 30-45 seconds, or until melted.
- In a blender (or food processor), mix all of the ingredients together. Blend until oats are ground and mixture is smooth.
- Divide batter between muffin tins.
- Place muffin tin in the oven and bake for for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool muffins before removing from pan.
Makes 24 mini muffins. Each serving (1 muffin) has approximately 8g of carbs and 2g of dietary fiber. Total NET CARBS= 6g.
78 Calories; 3g Total Fat; 3g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 155mg Sodium.