I have been on a major avocado kick lately. For some reason, I just can’t seem to get enough of them! I’ve been doing some experimenting with different ways to enjoy avocados and stumbled across the idea for Baked Avocado & Egg’s. They were everything I had hoped they would be and more.
With just 3 ingredients you can whip these up and get your day started off right. I made these for breakfast, but they would also make an excellent light lunch or even just a snack.
These are super filling and taste excellent served with salsa on top. If your kiddo doesn’t typically like avocados, these are worth a try anyway. Once the avocado is baked it takes on a different consistency. It almost has a “fluffy” texture to it. It reminded me of a baked potato.
What are your favorite ways to eat avocado?
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut avocado in half. Remove pit.
- Place avocado halves in a baking dish. Stabilize them with foil, if needed.
- Scoop out a bit of the flesh to make a larger well for the egg.
- Crack an egg into each of the avocado halves. Depending on the size of your avocado, you may have to remove some of the egg white.
- Top each half with 1/2 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle tops with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until egg is cooked.
Each serving has approximately: 486.8 Calories, 41.5g Total Fat, 17.5g Protein, 17.4g Carbohydrates, 13.5g Dietary Fiber, 1.3g Sugar, 376.2mg Cholesterol, 193.7 Sodium.