Here is a delicious new cookie recipe I just recently discovered- Chocolate Chip Clouds. I made a couple of modifications to make them more diabetic-friendly (subbing Truvia for sugar and using sugar-free chocolate chips) and they couldn’t have turned out better!
I wasn’t sure how my boys would feel about the airy texture, but they absolutely love them! The day I made these my entire family was home for the whole day, and these cookies didn’t even last 2 hours!
Make these for an after school treat, or pack them in your kiddos lunchbox for a special dessert.
Recipe slightly adapted from skinnytaste.com.
- 1/2 cup egg whites (room temperature)
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips (look for sugar-free chocolate chips)
- Heat oven to 300°F. Cover cookie sheet with silpat, nonstick silicone pad or parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together in large bowl at high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add Truvia a little at a time, then vanilla, beating well after each addition until you get stiff peaks, the Truvia is dissolved and the mixture is glossy.
- Sift cocoa onto egg white mixture; gently fold until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Drop mixture by heaping tablespoons onto cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or just until dry. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire rack. Store covered, at room temperature.
Each serving (1 Chocolate Chip Cloud) has approximately 16.6g of carbs and 1.7g of dietary fiber. Total NET CARBS= 14.9g.
111.6 Calories; 6.1g Total Fat; 1.1g Protein; 16.6g Carbohydrate; 1.7g Dietary Fiber; 1g Sugar; 0mg Cholesterol; 16.7mg Sodium.
*Calculations made using Hershey's Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips. If using regular chocolate chips there will be approximately 12 g of sugar per cookie.