Where I’m from, the temperatures have started dipping as fall makes it’s presence known. On the particular day that I made this bread, it was a cold and rainy day. Something about baking when it is cold outside is just blissful to me, especially when what you’re baking let’s off an aroma of sweet cinnamon and raisins.
I made this recipe twice. The first time I made it, I made the recipe into bread “bites” (baked in a brownie pan), because I had so much success doing that with the Banana Almond Bread Bites. They turned out great, although I wish I had pulled the pan out about 2 minutes sooner. They were great fresh out of the oven, but weren’t as moist as I think they could have been had they not baked so long. Thankfully, my boys did not seem to notice.
I wanted to make the recipe again, this time in a regular bread loaf pan and I also added walnuts. In my opinion, this was even better than the bread bites. I really enjoyed the addition of the walnuts, and I felt the bread was moister prepared this way.
Both ways were great! The bites are especially convenient for little fingers to grab because they aren’t as crumbly as a slice off of the loaf, plus I always feel I have more accurate carb calculations when prepared this way. Not to mention it makes them super portable- perfect to add to a school lunch!
Recipe source: taylormadeitpaleo.com.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine almond flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Combine eggs, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla in a stand mixer until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet, and continue mixing.
- Once everything is well mixed, add raisins and/or walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared bread pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center.
- Remove, let cool, and serve with butter, jam, nut butter, etc.
*Nutrition facts calculated for the bread bites, without walnuts.
Makes 12 bread “bites”. Each serving (1 bread bite) has approximately 15.8g of carbs and 3g of dietary fiber. Total NET CARBS= 12.8g.
222.7 Calories; 16.1g Total Fat; 6.7g Protein; 15.8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 11g Sugar; 77.1mg Cholesterol; 191.3 Sodium.