This has been my personal favorite fall recipe I’ve made thus far this season. I am a sucker for pancakes and waffles, and when you add pumpkin and cinnamon to them, it just takes it over the top!
At first glance, I thought the carb counts were a bit high for 1 waffle, especially because I was thinking it would probably take 2 or 3 to fill C up, but these were so dense, he was absolutely stuffed after 1 ½. I made some changes to the original recipe as well to bring those totals down a bit, such as using all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour. I also used my Truvia Baking Blend, that I use 99% of the time in place of real sugar.
Serve these waffles with butter and sugar free syrup, with eggs and bacon on the side and you will have some very happy and satisfied kids/tummies!
Recipe from Dishing It Up Disney Style cookbook. Original recipe can also be found here: spoonful.com.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons Truvia Baking Blend OR 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups milk
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- Set up the waffle iron on a counter top. Plug in to preheat it.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, stir together the flour, Truvia, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, and pumpkin. Pour the wet ingredients over the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Coat the preheated waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour the waffle batter into the center of each section of the iron (I measured 1/2 cup batter for each waffle).
- Cook the waffles for about 4 to 5 minutes or until they are crispy and light brown. (Read the manufacturer's directions for details about how long you should cook the waffles in your particular waffle iron.) Serve immediately with sugar free syrup and butter.
Makes 7 ½ waffles, using ½ cup batter for each waffle. Each serving (1 waffle) has approximately 23.8g of carbs and 2g of dietary fiber. Total NET CARBS= 21.8g.
201.8 Calories; 7.5g Total Fat; 7.2g Protein; 23.8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 2.7g Sugar; 66.3mg Cholesterol; 441.5 Sodium.