If your kids enjoy snacking on nuts (peanuts, almonds, etc) they are sure to love these Honey Cinnamon Roasted Chickpeas!
These were such a quick and simple snack for my kiddos. They also taste great! When my husband first popped one in his mouth his reaction was, “Woah, those are chickpeas?!” The honey/cinnamon coating gives the chickpeas a whole new flavor- it’s like a candied chickpea. Not to mention, I loved the sweet cinnamon-y aroma that filled my house while these were baking! These would also pack great in a lunch.
I sure hope you have enjoyed these “fall” recipe ideas this week! More to come next week! Have a great weekend, everyone!
Recipe source: twopeasandtheirpod.com.
- 1 15oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Truvia Baking Blend OR 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Drain chickpeas and rinse them under cold water until starch is removed. Place chickpeas on a paper towel to dry. You can peel of the skins if you wish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, cinnamon, and Truvia. Place chickpeas in bowl and stir until all of the chickpeas are evenly coated. Spread out the chickpeas on a large baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until chickpeas are crunchy and no longer soft in the middle.
- Place hot, roasted chickpeas in a small bowl and coat evenly with honey. Spread chickpeas back out on baking sheet and allow to dry. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Makes 7 1/4 cup servings. Each serving (1/4 cup) has approximately 12.7g of carbs and 2.7g of dietary fiber. Total NET CARBS= 10g.
75.5 Calories; 2.3g Total Fat; 3g Protein; 12.7g Carbohydrate; 2.7g Dietary Fiber; 2.3g Sugar; 0mg Cholesterol; 235.1mg Sodium.