I discovered the recipe for this chocolate frosty a few months ago, and we have since enjoyed it several times over summer break.
On Pinterest, it has been likened to a Wendy’s frosty. It has been years since I have had a Wendy’s frosty, so I can’t speculate on how it compares in taste, but it certainly looks similar!
The texture is so light and airy, but because it is so protein-rich it is super filling. The mixture is also really thick and creamy…almost like the consistency of a malt.
I must admit, the first time I made this I used a cheap vanilla protein powder. I thought it was good, but the taste from the protein powder was distinct and there was just something off about it. I tried a different brand of protein powder the second time and instead of using a stevia packet for my sweetener, I used 1/2 medium frozen banana. The results…MUCH better!
Both of my kids loved this for a treat on hot days. C just had it this week as an after school snack!
I calculated the entire mixture as 21 NET CARBS. The entire mixture is about 4 cups, so I always give C half and my little guy and I share the other half.
Rich, creamy, chocolaty goodness…doesn’t get much better than that!
Recipe Source: mealsandmovesblog.com
- 6oz unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 15 ice cubes
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1-2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 of a medium frozen banana
- Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
1 serving= 10.5 NET CARBS
- 6 oz de leche de almendra sin endulzar
- 15 cubos de hielo
- 1 de cucharada proteína de vainilla en polvo
- 1-2 cucharadas de polvo de cocoa sin endulzar
- ½ cucharadita de goma xantana
- ½ guineo congelado
- Agrega todos los ingredientes en la batidora, y bate hasta obtener una mezcla homogénea.